Seventy per cent of medical decisions made by our physicians rely on the diagnostic tests carried out by Osler’s Laboratory Services team.
Open all day every day, our Medical Laboratory Technologists study blood cells, test body fluids and tissues, prepare samples and interpret test results that help physicians diagnose and treat patients.
Our commitment to quality
The Laboratories at William Osler Health System are accredited with ISO 15189Plus™ Accreditation, demonstrating our commitment to quality.
Our services include:
- Anatomical and Surgical Pathology - preparing samples of tissue to aid in the microscopic detection and diagnosis of disease.
- Clinical Chemistry - performing tests on blood and body fluids to detect chemicals, hormones and/or drugs
- Cytology - screening cells from various samples for the presence of cancer
- Flow Cytometry -analyzing white and red blood cells to detect leukemia and lymphoma
- Hematology - performing tests to measure blood cells and to detect diseases/disorders of the blood
- Microbiology - performing tests on blood, body fluids and/or tissue to detect bacteria, fungus, viruses and/or parasites and provides important results for infection control
- Point of Care Testing - providing quality assurance programs for testing done by the patient bedside
- Transfusion Medicine - performing blood typing and compatibility testing
Partnering for the benefit of our clients
William Osler Health System Laboratories have several partnerships with other hospital and community laboratories in order to provide a seamless service for our clients.