Preparing to go Home
Our goal is to manage your hospital stay carefully so that you can return home as soon as possible.
If your admission has been booked in advance
- You will usually know your expected date of discharge
- You should plan to leave the hospital before 11:00am
- Please arrange for someone to pick you up in good time and to bring you clothes
If you were admitted on an emergency or urgent basis
- Planning for your expected date of discharge will begin shortly after you are admitted. This allows you and your family to plan ahead and also allows our health care team to help you plan for any follow-up care you may need.
- If you are having difficulties arranging transportation home, please tell your nurse so that we can help with your arrangements. Please note that the cost of transportation is the responsibility of the patient and/or family.
- New parents: don't forget an infant car seat is required by law. Make sure your new baby's first drive home is a safe one!