Special visitor guidelines apply to the following units
Critical Care (ICU, CCU)
Special visitation needs of each family will be assessed and accommodated as required. The Nursing Team will assess visitation needs daily.
Day Surgery and Outpatients
- Adult patients are allowed one person to accompany them to their appointment.
- Both parents or guardians are allowed to accompany a child to an appointment.Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Special consideration will be given to high-risk surgical patients.
For admitted ER patients, visiting hours are from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily.
One visitor is allowed at any time for patients in the Emergency Department. Children may have both parents or guardians with them at all times. No visitors are allowed for patients in isolation.
Adult Mental Health:
Visitation is restricted for children under 13 years of age.
4:30pm - 8:00pm, Monday - Friday
2:00pm - 8:00pm, weekends and holidays
2:00pm - 8:00pm daily
Child and Adolescent Mental Health:
Parents, guardians, aunts, uncles, grandparents are welcome to visit.
6:00pm to 8:00pm, Tuesday-Friday.
2:00pm. to 8:00pm. Weekends and holidays
There are no visiting hours on Mondays.
Patients in the Palliative Care Unit or any patient admitted for palliative care may have two visitors at a time, 24 hours a day. Different situations may require specific consideration.
Women's and Children's Health Care Services
- Visitation is based on “Mom’s choice
- The patient may choose two visitors at admission to stay throughout the labour and delivery.
- Visitors for ante-partum and post-partum patients are allowed through the day and night. For the patient’s comfort, please limit visitors at the bedside to two at a time.
Paediatrics/Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU):
Parents or guardians may stay with the newborn 24 hours a day. Up to two additional relatives may visit from 11 :00am. to 9:00pm daily provided:
- One parent or guardian is in attendance at all times
- There are no more than three visitors at any time.