During the holidays, Osler knows your doctor’s office or pharmacy may have reduced hours or even be closed so to help you find out where you can get the care you need, whether it’s visiting one of our Emergency Departments or seeking care in our Urgent Care Centre when it’s not an emergency but it just can’t wait, we’ve put together some information and tips for your health care over the holidays.
Go to your family doctor or walk-in clinic IF YOU HAVE:
- Minor illnesses like coughs and colds or minor injuries like cuts or sprains
- Long-standing or chronic medical problems
- If you’re not sure, call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000
How to have a safe and healthy holiday season:
- Get your flu shot.
- Schedule any needed medical appointments before the holidays.
- Know your doctor’s office holiday hours and if they offer an on-call coverage after-hours and during the holidays when they’re close.
- Know your health care options when you can’t be seen by your doctor like walk-in clinic, urgent care centre or Emergency Department etc.
- Fill any prescriptions or medicines and stock up on any medical equipment ahead of time.
- If you have visitors staying for the holidays, remind them to refill their prescriptions before they leave home and bring any needed medical equipment.
To find out more about the community’s health care options, please visit www.centralwesthealthline.ca