Excitement is building as we get closer to a transformed Etobicoke General – and better access to the services our community needs most. Check out our progress!
Construction of a new, four-storey patient tower is on track for completion in early 2019. Across the parking lot, the bright, modern Etobicoke Wellness Centre (EWC) has already opened its doors.
Together, these two buildings will give our patients, physicians and staff bright, modern facilities and extra space in which to receive – and provide – world-class patient care.
The patient tower will add 250,000 square feet to the facility. It will house:
- An Emergency Department almost double the size of the existing space;
- A Critical Care Unit four times larger than its current space;
- A combined Cardiac, Respiratory and Neurodiagnostic Unit for patients with heart, breathing, and neurological complications;
- A Maternal Newborn Unit with 10 private birthing suites, two operating rooms, and a 10-bassinette Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for newborns who need extra care;
- An Ambulatory (day) Procedures Unit offering advanced procedures that allow patients same-day discharge and recovery at home;
- More comfortable, modern patient rooms with lots of natural light.
The Etobicoke Wellness Centre replaces the old medical office building and many doctors’ offices and clinics will move to the new building. The EWC also houses some of Osler’s outpatient services, including:
- New, larger fracture, plastics and wound clinics;
- A new, larger fracture and wound clinic;
- Diagnostic imaging services;
- A 30-station satellite dialysis program with six additional stations for home hemodialysis training for patients;
- A pre-anaesthesia clinic;
- A diabetes education clinic;
- Doctors’ offices and clinics (most will transfer from the existing medical office building on the site).