Nurses honoured for their outstanding contributions to patient care at Osler’s Nursing Gala
May 15, 2015 Brampton/Etobicoke - This week, William Osler Health System (Osler) honoured its more than 2,500 dedicated nurses as part of National Nursing Week celebrations. Activities were held across Osler’s hospital sites to recognize the tremendous work of its nursing community and to thank them for their compassion and commitment.
“Osler nurses live our mission every day by providing innovative health care delivered with compassion,” said Joanne Flewwelling, Executive Vice President of Clinical Services and Chief Nursing Executive. “They care for hundreds of thousands of patients each year, and we could not do the incredible things we do each and every day without their passion for, and commitment to their work. They are truly an inspiration and we cannot thank them enough for their dedicated efforts on behalf of our hospitals.”
A highlight of the week’s events included Osler’s annual Nursing Gala, which recognized Osler nurses who have made an outstanding contribution to the delivery of patient-inspired care.
This year’s Awards of Excellence recipients include:
- Nursing Team/Unit Award of Excellence: Etobicoke General Hospital’s 9th Level, Rehabilitation Inpatient Unit, and Brampton Civic Hospital’s Gen C Mental Health Unit
- National Bank Bursary Award in Clinical Excellence & Professional Development: Kavita Kamath and Lynn Healy
- Clinical Leadership Award of Excellence: Pam Cybulski and Sharlenne Sanchez
- Nursing Management Award of Excellence: Morris Vassell and Andrea Temple
- Clinical Support Award of Excellence: Lois Button and Stephanie Jarvis
- Claire Lemieux Caring and Compassionate Award of Excellence: Hope Samuels and Claudio Grez
“Representing close to 50 per cent of the staff at Osler, our nurses play an important role in ensuring the health and well-being of this community,” says Christine Nuernberger, Joint Vice President, Human Resources and Organizational Development. “Our nurses support us in ensuring every patient and their family has an exceptional experience when they come through the doors of our hospitals, so it is an absolute pleasure to recognize their service and honour their achievements this week.”