Our Global Health program is giving us a chance to use our expertise in areas around the world while gaining insights about the patients we serve to help us improve care for our local community. It's our vision of "patient inspired care without boundaries" in action.
In 2017, the Global Health team will be focusing on:
- Continuing to co-design improved Mental Health and Addictions services with Dayanand Medical College and Hospital (DMCH
- Enhancing Emergency Medicine services at DMCH
- Reaching more villagers to enhance access to care through general check-up camps with emphasis on mental health & addictions and diabetes screening and education
- Providing training and education to nursing students and instructors at SKSS
- Providing public health support through education and outreach to college students on mental health and addictions
This year the Global Health Program will be expanding to Pakistan and the team will have the privilege of forging new relationships and exploring specific partnership opportunities with ChildLife Foundation.